DISCOVERING HOW TO BREAK THE STEREOTYPE THAT RESEARCH CAN ONLY BE DONE IN SCIENCE!
What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word research? Most of us believe that we can only conduct research in science. But have you ever wondered whether it’s true or not? Is it necessary to be Einstein or a scientist to conduct research? Have you ever tried to figure out what other fields you could investigate besides science?
It’s not about the subject, it’s about the passion, your interest. You should love what you do. And it can be anything. Different people have different choices and they have to choose what they want to do. Sometimes we do have knowledge but we are not just aware of what is happening around. But don’t worry it is never too late to find what you love and start working upon your dreams. So today you are at the right place my dear friend, you can do research in other subjects too.
Do you know of any subjects in which you may conduct study and earn a recognized degree? Let’s look at some intriguing topics together and expand our knowledge so that we can better understand what your passions and aspirations are and how you plan to attain them in the future.
ENGLISH LITERATURE: We used to communicate in English on a daily basis. This is one of the topics that young people are interested in. We used to take several courses to enhance and practise our English, but we never considered doing research in this field. Despite having expertise and a desire to learn more, people are unaware that they can also perform research and earn a diploma in this course.
We will explore theories, essays, poetry, and novels that have been published in this course. You have the option of working on and writing your own new theories. There are numerous universities that provide this fantastic training and opportunity.
ART AND DESIGN : When we hear about these subjects, we assume that they are simple to learn and that there is nothing to do except to draw. But have you ever tried looking for it? What is the difference between art and design?
Art and design are a type of art in which you must be more imaginative with your ideas. It is not as simple as you may believe, and you must think practically when doing so. You will not only learn about the paintings here, but also about the history of art, sociology, and many other fascinating topics. This is one of those industries where you constantly gain new talents and are exposed to many forms of art and media. In addition, you can learn about photography and several high-quality techniques. You have a lot to learn if you want to go into this area.
DRAMA AND THEATRE ARTS: If you are truly passionate about drama and theatre, there are a plethora of options available in this profession. You can work as a professional researcher in the subject of drama and design, as well as pursue higher study and obtain a diploma in this field.
You can study playwriting, stage acting, stage management, theatre skills, scenography, and many other things in this field. Doesn’t it pique your interest? This profession, in my opinion, is a perfect mix of pleasure and education. As a result, you can pursue your passion and realise your goals.
ANTHROPOLOGY: This is one of the areas that concerns us and means that we relate to people. It is a study of human beings, a way of becoming human beings, dealing with human past, present, culture, language and so on. What do you think? Is it interesting to learn about yourself? How did all of us get to know our ancestors and the past? Do you know that you are studying how people interact in social relationships, how different people communicate and dress differently?
There are more than 180 colleges in India which provide you with the official degree in anthropology.
BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT: As the name implies, this field is about business and management. You can study more about the company backdrop, such as how to manage and handle business difficulties. You can learn how to start your own business and run it successfully.
You can work on topics like how the company is doing, is there anything new that your firm can do, and understanding who your competitors are and how you can be the best competitor by conducting business and management research.
You’ve all heard of various topics in which you can conduct research, but how do you go about doing it? What are the fundamentals of research in any field?
So, here are some essential points to consider for your research:
Are you prepared? Let’s get started!!
1. Finding and selecting an appropriate topic is the first and most basic stage. It’s excellent to pick a topic that interests you, but you also need to have some previous knowledge on the subject. You should be able to find some information on which to work quickly. Before you begin writing or doing anything else, learn everything you can about your subject. To learn more about it, read past research and papers. This is one of the most crucial but also one of the most difficult.
2. Now that you’ve decided on a topic, it’s time to consider what you want to do with it. What exactly do you want to show? Start thinking about what you want to accomplish with your study.
3. Once you’ve determined the goal, you may begin writing and planning a layout. How will you proceed, step by step, through the theory section, and then to the conclusion, or whatever else you wish to include and consider?
4. When you’ve finished with the layout or writing, the most crucial step is to evaluate and analyse your study. Simply read over what you’ve done three to four times, if not more, to see whether you’ve finished the work and if you’ve discovered the goal of your research, in other words, evaluate yourself. Every research project must include an evaluation. Sometimes you’ve completed the work but haven’t yet discovered the reason behind it, so you’ll need to evaluate and analyse it.
5. Now that you’ve completed all four steps, it’s time to complete and summarise your study.
Author: Mitali Gupta
Editor: Nikita Shahi
Visual Content: Amit Abhishek
Mitali is a B Tech biotech undergraduate. She is always ready to learn and explore new things. She loves to interact with new people and make new friends.
She loves to spend time with nature.